Monday, December 30, 2013

Some Exciting News and a Layout Share "The Calm"

Happy Monday! Can you believe it is almost the New Year? We are still listening to Christmas music over here, but are starting to wean ourselves a little bit, but I still have no plans to take down Christmas decor until after the New Year. I am going to have it all down and put away before I go to bed on January 5th however. I work best with a deadline, and I don't want to get stuck looking at a dead tree on Valentine's Day. Might kind of ruin the whole romance of it and all. ;-)

I have some very exciting news to share with y'all, something I have been just dying to tell you, but have just received the go ahead to tell. Here is the news:


Yup, I am on the Paper Bakery Design Team. I am so excited to have been chosen and so very humbled to work with such talented ladies. I will be working with the Capture 365 kit, which is their version of a pocket pages/  daily scrapbooking kit. You know how much I love Project Life, so this is such a perfect fit for me! If you have never heard of Paper Bakery you can find a direct link to their blog HERE.

Onto other news…. I have a layout to share with you today to go along with a challenge over at Paper Issues. The issue this month is Shiny and New. I interpreted this challenge by using lots of shiny gold elements, paired with traditional Christmas colors of red and green found in the Basic Grey 25th and Pine collection. I am just loving gold this season and I do not see that ending anytime soon.  I am still in love with layering and splattering mist here and there. Of course sequins are a must for this layout, especially shiny gold star sequins. I love these so much! I also used my Silhouette on this layout to cut out a background mask with repeating hearts. I sprayed that with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold Lame.

The Calm




I am so thankful that you stopped by today. I will be back later this week with all kinds of scrappy (and non- scrappy things to share.) Tomorrow (Tuesday) you can expect to see a Project Life blog post discussing what I did for Project Life 2013, and where I see Project Life heading for 2014 and beyond. I am gearing up to finish my third year of Project Life and getting really excited to be starting my album for 2014 very soon.  I also have made a video (yup, you heard me right,) doing a walk through of my third album for 2013. I will let you know as soon as that is available for watching on You Tube. I will also let you know where you can find me on You Tube, in case you wanted to watch it. :-)

Let's talk the new year…anyone else working on anything Shiny or New? Are you loving on Gold and sparkly embellishments? What about drippy mist? Sequins? Any fun plans for New Year's?

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

13 comments:

  1. LOVE the gold doilies. :) Congrats on the DT position! I've been looking at this kits. You'll have some great products to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the DT and love the layout. The gold touches are wondeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is a beautiful Christmas layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl! well deserved! Happy to have you on our team!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the design team, beautiful layout love the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for you on becoming part of DT at Paper Bakery! Lovely layout, your embellishment clusters are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and I am loving that layout girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the team. Your layout is super pretty. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to creating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on making the team!! And congrats on being featured on the Paper Issues blog ;-) I loved your layout and I just had to share it ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for picking my layout Alex, it totally made my day.

      Delete
  11. Huge congrats on making the team!! Love your style, so deserved!! and congrats on winning the prize at Paper Issues too ... did you see? http://paperissues.blogspot.nl/2014/01/winner-winner.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did see it Monique and already put it to good use buying Valentine goodies. Thank you so much dearl

      Delete