This week, I had fun with some digital stamps and making a collage in Photoshop Elements. I will explain my collage process at the bottom of this post with a step-by-step tutorial.
Week 5: January 27th-February 2nd
How to make a collage in Photoshop Elements:
1. Find photos you want to use for your collage. I found four horizontal (landscape) Seahawks photos courtesy of Google Images, opened up the photos and saved them to my desktop.
2. Open Photoshop Elements and open all of the photos saved to your desktop into this application.
3. Open up a new File> Blank File, and size this document Width: 6 Inches, Height: 4 Inches
4. Crop all four photos to Width: 3 Inches, Height: 2 Inches.
5. Drag and place all four 3 x 2 photos onto the 6 x 4 inch document.
6. Save the collage and merge layers.
9. Print out 4 x 6 inch collage.
I hope you enjoyed that short and simple tutorial. I love using Google Images to help fill in current events. I am using this tool a lot more this year, and am really loving the results. My family and I are huge Seahawks fans, and this collage helped to capture our excitement of the Superbowl. Next week I will show you how I used Google Images and Photoshop to capture the Olympics. I am loving the Sochi games, and am so glad I found a way to capture some of my favorite highlights.
Let's talk digital elements in Project Life today. Are you a fan? What sort of digital elements are you including in your Project Life pages? What kinds of digital elements would you like to learn more about? If you are unsure if you would use this tool on a regular basis, you can always download a free 30-day trial for Adobe Photoshop and try it out. That is exactly what I did 1.5 years ago, and I am never going back. I really enjoy using Photoshop to edit photos, crop, resize, and also to add all kinds of fun digital stamps, make collages, and even to use digital templates from time to time. I used Ali Edwards and Studio Calico digital stamps for this layout and I highly recommend both. *I have linked up my Project Life pages over at The Mom Creative. This is a great place to go to find lots and lots of Project Life inspiration each and every Tuesday.*
Thank you for stopping by today, I will be back tomorrow with a fun layout to share with you, and if you follow me on Instagram you will recognize this color inspiration photo. I ended up switching out one of the colors, but really like how this layout turned out, I can't wait to share it with you.
I hope to see y'all back later this week, and until then...