I really enjoyed this kit and was able to create 5 layouts using the kit and a few extras from my stash.
I also was inspired by Noel Mignon and her designers to create a layout using flowers. Noel Mignon.com is having a lot of fun on Facebook this week with their Spring Fling-lots of challenges, fun getting to know you type of questions, and even a chance to win a guest designer spot. I just adore their kits and would love a chance to play with them. For one of the challenges-the handmade flower challenge-I created my flowers by hand cutting them from paper scraps and some lovely Hambly transparency. I just drew a flower really lightly in pencil on the reverse side of the paper and transparency I wanted to use, cut it out, and called it done. I really like how my layered flowers turned out.
Here are some close-ups of the layered hand-cut flowers.
And some close-ups of the completed layout:
The journaling says: "I have been adjusting to Eric working in Sumter, SC, welding. I have a had a fairly decent week around here, adjusting to our new normal (and feeling like a single parent most of the time.) I really missed him though and my house was needed some spring, so I bought myself some flowers and a pitcher at the local flower shop and I just love them.
- Studio Calico Front Row Scrapbook Kit
- Studio Calico printable labels
- Brown Shipping Tag
- Green Ribbon
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in Gold Lame
- Thickers by American Crafts: Boardwalk in yellow glitter, Roster in mistable white (misted with Studio Calico shine,) Forest font in blue, and Doll font in pink.
- Brads by My Mind's Eye
- Tiny attacher
- Hambly transparency
- smile washi by KI Memories
- American Crafts Glitter Tape in Spinach (green) and Sky (blue.)
- American crafts precision pen .03 tip
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. My husband has the weekend off from welding and will be here for Easter. We are all so thrilled that he is coming home for a couple of days.