Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Project Life 2014: Weeks 6 & 7

Happy Tuesday and it's time for another week of Project Life. As promised, I am back today to share weeks 6 and 7 with you. I am currently working on my 10th Project Life album (I started in January of 2011, ) and I still love this project. I enjoy working on pocket pages in which I document all of the little bits of everyday life that mean so much to my family and I. If you have any questions about Project Life please don't hesitate to ask below.

Week 6:

For this week I chose a color scheme of purple and tangerine. I took this idea from my sunrise photo and pulled together an assortment of cards that worked with it. Many are from the Studio Calico Sugar Rush Project Life Kit. I used Google Images to make the Sochi 2014 card and also took a screen shot on my I-phone of my walking route that week.









Week 7:

This was the week of Valentine's Day, so needless to say there is a bunch of pink and red, with touches of aqua and chalkboard thrown in there as well. I used a few digital elements this week, some hand stitching, machine sewing, labels, and I used Google Images yet again to acquire some photos of my favorite Olympians. I really love how the heart digital card turned out, that template was made by Catherine Davis. I used the awesome this moment digital card by Geralyn Sy/ In a Creative Bubble. . I also included some valentine's day cards (one of them flips up-see below, ) and an adorable storyboard my son made for his French class.








Let's talk Project Life. I am still loving using Google Images and including current events. I loved the Olympics this year, but then again, I always love watching the Olympics. Such a fun couple of weeks of sports entertainment. I love that I had a spot to just hi-light a few key events that my family and I enjoyed. I love being able to include cards, random school assignments, and whatever else I want to include into a pocket page. What are some out-of-the-ordinary items you have included in a  pocket page? Have any of you used Google Images or other online sources for pictures before? I would love to hear how you are doing that. What color schemes are you loving lately? I am really starting to like using purple mixed in with other colors. What colors do you have a hard time using? Anything else anyone feel like discussing? Sochi Olympics...what was your favorite hi-light of the games?

*I have linked up my Project Life pages over at The Mom Creative. This is a great place to go to find lots and lots of Project Life inspiration each and every Tuesday*

I will be back tomorrow and later this week with more blogging goodness, until then....

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

14 comments:

  1. beautiful Toni.... love the hand stitched heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pages, Toni, so many great little details on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, love all the white with pops of bright colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great spreads. Love the aqua added to the red in your valentines week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages! That's a gorgeous sunrise, I can see why you picked your colors from there on that spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a thoughtful and sweet comment, thanks Lisa!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pages. I loved that you pulled colors from the sunset to make the theme for the week. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful, love the way you took inspiration for your colours from the beautiful photo and I love the little giraffe popping out of the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love the colors and love all the white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely! these made me smile! I love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete