Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week 49, December 2nd-8th

It is December 10th and only 3 weeks left of 2013. This year has just flown by so unbelievably fast. I am loving looking over all of my pages from my Project Life albums this year and seeing one week after the other. This is still such a joy and such a fun project for me. I am so glad I started documenting my families life this way in 2011. I now have almost three complete years in my Project Life journey, and it's safe to say that I am hooked. I will be sticking with Project Life in 2014 and using the traditional 12 x 12 album size and my trusty Becky Higgins page protectors. I just need to find some new albums for next year. Working on that.

Today I have week 49 to share with you. Some Christmas happenings, but also lots of everyday bits and pieces; field trips, bags of leaves, and cozy days at home to name a few. I incorporated a few digital elements onto this layout using some digital brushes, stamps, and a digital template. I love having the flexibility to use those items if I want to. I also incorporated some hand-stiching and embossing this week. What can I say, I felt like playing, and it felt so good to incorporate these fun bits into my Project Life week. * I love that this project can be simple or complex, it can be whatever you want it to be. For me, the key is including the story and photos, and the rest is just gravy.*

Full Layout:

Left Side:

Right Side:

Left Side Close-Ups:
 For this insert I used a digital brush and typed in the words "My Sweet Daisy"

I used a few stamps and some white embossing powder on this insert. I also incorporated a digital 
die cut and some hand-stitching, I really like how this one turned out.

Right Side Close-Ups:
 This insert uses a digital stamp, I purposefully made the circular shape go off of the picture

This insert is my favorite and is from a digital template designed by Catherine Davis for the new Studio Calico class Day by Day. Enrollment for this awesome class is only through December 31st. 

Items Used:
  • Studio Calico Blue Note Project Life Kit, paper pad, and Scrapbook Kit
  • Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Granite and Versafine in Onyx Black, Versamark, American Crafts white embossing powder
  • Tools: Photoshop Elements (for digital work,) tiny attacher, American Crafts Precision Pen, black fine tip sharpie, American Crafts adhesive dot roller, Becky Higgins date stamp, needle and white thread.

That is all I have for Project Life today. If you have any questions about this week of Project Life or for anything else Project Life related, please do not hesitate to ask. I have quite a few Project Life weeks documented if you are interested in seeing more and you can find those HERE. I also have a tutorial about how I put together my Project Life spreads HERE that might be helpful. This post explains with words and photos my step-by-step process of putting together every Project Life spread that I do. It has really helped me streamline this project and I hope it is helpful for you as well. I posted my Project Life layout over at the Mom Creative. You can find lots of inspirational Project Life layouts there. The most recent post is HERE.

I hope to see y'all back this week, I have all kinds of scrappy goodness coming up on life, scrapbook, repeat. I will be back tomorrow with some December Daily pages to share, Thursday I am posting a tutorial on how to make really fun and quick Christmas cards using 6 x 6 paper, vellum, and stamps, (these are the cards that I am sending out this year.)  On Friday I will be back with more December Daily pages. 

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

9 comments:

  1. Love it--you have some great photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the happy holidays card! Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda. That card was from the Studio Calico Blue Note Project Life Kit.

      Delete
  3. I love how your tree came out in the background with your son and circle brush! So pretty! Actually, all your brushes add so much - cute pup, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely compliments Melissa.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog and have nominated it for the Liebster Award. If you are interested, just pop over to my blog to learn more about it. :) Evie

    ReplyDelete