This week was an exciting week, we went from Thanksgiving into Christmas Tree purchasing and decorating the very next day. I used my typical Becky Higgins Design A page protectors for tis layout, but I also did three different things this week that I wanted to highlight for you.
- I think I came up with a fun way to incorporate both holidays (Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas) into one layout. I decided to add an insert with a fun see-thru element using sequins and wood veneer. I hand-stitched the top of the pockets up to ensure that nothing falls out. This insert is a Design F insert cut down with my paper trimmer. I think this insert gives the layout a very festive feel. Fitting for a week with lots of great things going on.
- I included journaling from everyone in my family using these adorable Family cards by Paislee Press and sold at Studio Calico HERE. (These cards are the "thankful" title card, "mother," "father," "daughter," and "son.") I really love how this turned out and that everyone in my family really enjoyed documenting what they are most thankful for. These will be treasured keepsakes for years to come.
- I incorporated digital brushes again using the phrases "Loving This" (left side) and "Good Things Ahead" (right side) as well as journaling directly onto a picture (right side) using the free Phonto App on my I-phone. I like how the "Good Things Ahead" stamp points to the next layout…signaling that we are into December and the month of Christmas.
Full Layout (with back side of insert)
- Studio Calico October Cuppa Project Life Kit *still available as of 12-2-13
- Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Granite and Soft Pool
- Stamps: Becky Higgins Date Stamp and Exclusive Kal Barteski stamp set
- Blue Note Hello Forever by Marcy Penner digital exclusive stamps
- Journal Cards from Sleigh Ride Collection by October Afternoon
- "No 1" December Numbered Journaling Cards by Geralyn Sy from In a Creative Bubble
- Paislee Press Family Cards* Still available as of 12-2-13
Thank you for stopping by today and letting me share my Project Life pages with you. How are you doing in Project Life? Are you still enjoying the process? How many of you are working on both a December Daily and Project Life album this month? I am and would love to chat, this is my first year doing both at the same time and I am super excited about it!
I will be back tomorrow with December Daily Part Two: December 1st and 2nd. I hope to see you here. Until then my friends….