Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Layout using Basic Grey's Aspen Frost

Good Morning and happy Thursday. Today I have a scrapbook layout to share with you using the collection kit from Basic Grey's Aspen Frost. 


I purchased this collection last year, but never had the opportunity to get to play with it very much. We moved last December, so needless to say crafting was kind of off of the table (so to speak) for that month. I am more than making up for it this month and having a fabulous time.

This layout is a very sentimental layout for me and it has really been pulling at my heartstrings lately. This is our house in Washington State and unbeknowst to us at the time, this would be our last Christmas celebrating here. I am so thankful that I managed to get a picture of our house decorated with lights, and even more appreciative that it happened to be snowing on the day I took this. I love our house in North Carolina, but sometimes I do miss this place, and I miss how cute the lights looked on this house during the holidays. I miss having my family and friends a fifteen minute drive away, and giving my mom and best friend a hug whenever I felt like it. The holidays really help you remember what is important, and I would be lying if I said I did not miss them terribly today. Feeling a little verklempt as I type this actually, but today is still a great day. Any day I get to spend with my family and play with pretty paper turns out pretty fantastic!

Hello Washington house and van (may she rest in peace.)

Close up of my embellishment cluster
How did I make this?
  1. I first used Freckled Fawn wash tape and a border strip sticker from the Basic Grey Aspen Frost collection pack as my base. 
  2. I then added a Pink Paislee polka dot star and a few drops of mist (Heidi Swapp in Gold Lame and Sweet Cherry.)
  3. For my last step, I punched out some snowflakes using my favorite Martha Stewart snowflake punch (I used white card stock, a striped card stock from my scrap bin, and also some American Crafts POW Glittered paper in Gold. All of my punched shapes were attached with either regular adhesive or pop dots. I love stacking small embellishments like this and giving each clustered grouping a little dimension. *I incorporated similar clustering groups in two other spots around my layout as well.* 
That is all I have to share today. If you have any questions about the layout or anything else just leave me a comment and I will be happy to help. Anyone else making anything Christmasy or holiday related? I would love to see…I would love to see anything crafty (doesn't have to be related to December at all.) 

I am posting on this blog every Monday-Friday all there way through Christmas so be sure to check back soon. Specifically, I will be back tomorrow with some more December Daily pages. I hope to see you then.

xoxox

Toni

11 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous pic, and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout and lovely memory for you to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful--both the memory and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and story!!! That background paper looks awesome! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comment Evie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Toni! I really like your clusters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much patricia. I am seriously addicted to clustered embellishments.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful winter page! I really like thd background papers and embellishment clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cluster, really makes me miss the Christmas months!

    ReplyDelete