This will be my third year documenting Week in the Life. In 2012 I added inserts to my Project Life album and in 2013 I took photos and used the 8.5 x 11 template sold by Ali Edwards. This also was put into my Project Life album. This will be my very first year putting Week in the Life into it's own mini album, and I am really looking forward to this project
For 2014, I decided to order the Week in the Life Kit from Ali Edwards. I loved everything about it, and finally, just could not wait any longer, and I snatched it up before they were sold out. As of 10/24 her site says there are still a few available. The Kit only is all that is left, but I would still highly recommend it.
Here is the gorgeous Ali Edward's Week in the Life Kit for 2014
Pulling it All Together
- Unpack your kit (or create your own kit)
- Get your album set up and put the page protectors inside and ready to go.
- Pull supplies from your stash that coordinate and that you want to include ( I recommend really trying to limit your supplies, focus on the photos and stories.)
- Put all of these items together and organize them in a way that inspires you to create.
How I Organize My Supplies
I love using white ceramic bowls and containers in my studio. Various bowls and whatnot sit out on my shelves and on my island everyday. I rotate what is kept inside, depending upon what projects I am currently working on. For Week in the Life, I decided to pull in a few supplies from my stash. Items include; wood veneer, a few patches, some more stars, labels in gold, navy, and black, some office tags, and of course flair from my shop. :-)
This is a ceramic egg holder, (but of course I never actually use it for eggs. ) I love to use this
to store a variety of little bits and pieces. It really holds a lot and it is one of my favorites.
All of my supplies are in one central area and items are grouped into small containers
This bowl is used for labels
This star shaped container is for chipboard, a veneer piece, and my date stamp
I also picked out flair sets from my shop to use for Week in the Life.
They include these sets; A Week in My Life, Happy Halloween,
& Trick or Treat. You can find all of them in my Etsy shop HERE.
*All Flair sets are currently 10% off using the code "ILOVEFALL." This coupon is good through Sunday October 26th.*
More Organization Ideas for Week in the Life
- If you look back through THIS, THIS, and THIS December Daily posts from last year you can get some more ideas for storing supplies for a project.
- Other storage ideas might include muffin tins, wooden trays or boxes, plastic containers, wicker boxes, and really the ideas are limitless.
If you have any ideas for Week in the Life organization, I would love to hear about it in the comments below. Anyone else super excited for Week in the Life? What is your approach going to be this year? Mini album? Included in Project Life? Digital? I would love to hear any and all WITL talk below.