Friday, November 29, 2013

December Daily Organization: Part 2: Album Cover and the Cutest Christmas Collection Ever!!!

It's Christmas Tiiiiiiiimmmmmeeeee!

Hello friends and to those of you new to this blog, welcome, thank you for being here. If you cannot tell, I am just a little excited that we are now officially into the Christmas Season. It is incredibly chilly in the normally warm North Carolina, and I have broken out my warm sweaters, wool socks, and flannel pajama bottoms. Despite the cold and impending winter, I love Christmas and have been holed up in my studio staying warm, drinking hot cocoa, listening to holiday music, and having all kinds of fun with pretty paper.

In my last December Daily post I showed you how I was organizing all of my December crafting supplies. You can find that post HERE. I have really been utilizing these scrapbooking goodies the last month for layouts, cards, making an extensive mini book for a Christmas gift, and some work in my 2012 December Daily album. I have a lot of December goodness to share with you next month. Now that I have wrapped up quite a few of those projects, I am going to show you my December Daily album cover and the supplies I gathered specifically for this project. I have quite a few Christmas scrapbooking supplies, they are a serious weakness of mine and even though I already had more than enough, I found a paper collection this year that just pulled at my heart strings so much so, that I designed the entire color scheme around it.

Selecting Products for December Daily:

Crate Paper's Bundled Up Collection is just so gorgeous. I saw it at Archiver's and just stared and stared and stared. The colors and adorable paper just called to me and I knew I had picked my color scheme for this year.


 These are the supplies I ended up ordering through Two Peas in a Bucket, as well as a few 12 x 12 papers.

 


I am also mixing in some already owned supplies in this color scheme, but I will share those in more detail another day. With the pink, green, aqua, mint, and gold color scheme in mind, and some ribbon and yarn from my stash, I came up with this cover.


Putting the Album Together

Ribbon and Yarn
  • This was a fairly simple cover. I started with some yarn from my stash that I wrapped around and around the album, going around the inside. I then tied it off really tight on the inside of the album and trimmed the ends. Next, I wrapped the gold ribbon around once and tied it off and trimmed the ends into a "V." The last fabric items I included was a bit of red polka dot ribbon left over from last Christmas. This was also wrapped around the album, tied off on the front, and I trimmed these ends with a slight diagonal cut. 
Title Grouping
  • I started with a pinked circle die cut from Studio Calico's 2012 December Daily Kit. I hot glued this down to the album, being careful not to burn my fingers.
  • I then cut a piece of text paper from the Bundled Up 6 x 6 paper pad into a banner shape on one end. I added the "2013" Red Notebook Thickers on top and very carefully hand stitched a line running across these elements. This further reinforces the thickets and will ensure that they don't fall off over time. 
  • Next I layered the "Merry Christmas" die cut form the Bundled Up Ephemera Pack on top of the pinked circle. This was hot glued down.
  • the last step was to hot glue the 2013 banner cluster on top of both the pinked circle and the Merry Christmas label.
I really like how this turned out and am super excited to start working on my pages. I have already been taking some photos for December Daily and think I am going to start my album on November 29th this year. We purchased our tree today and are doing more decorating tomorrow, so I am just going with it and having so much fun, soaking it all in. Christmas is my families favorite holiday, and it is just so magical around here. 

I hope you found some inspiration from this post. I have been reading so many great December Daily posts lately and thought I would share these links below.

December Daily Organization using items already on hand.
December Daily Cover and Base Page Ideas can be found…
Journal Your Christmas Information and Sign-Up
  • Found HERE at Shimelle.com
Completed December Daily Albums

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend friends and fellow crafters, I will be back next week with the start of my December Daily album, Project Life, and lots more holiday-related goodness. How is your holiday crafting coming along? Anyone already send out Christmas cards? I am still making them, but I did get a family photo today so I am calling it a win and going with it. Until next time...

xoxox

Toni

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Toni,
    thanks for you comment! I put some sweets in the big bags and in every bag a small Project Life card with a challenge or a coupon or a sweet note for my husband. I didn't want only sweets this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing it with me.

      Delete
  2. Your album cover is great, the yarn gives it a cozy touch! Thanks for the links, feeling a bit overwhelmed since this will be my first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am glad that the links will be of some assistance to you.

      Delete