Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Layout Share: Longshoreman

Today's layout is featuring a split-complimentary color scheme.

According to Tigercolor.com a split-complementary color scheme is a variation of a complimentary color scheme. In addition to using a base color, it also uses the two colors adjacent to it is a compliment. It has a lot of tension much like a complimentary color scheme, but is much easier to achieve.



In the layout I am working with today I wanted to go with a blue/ orange color scheme of sorts. This is a color combination I always love for masculine pages, or outdoor photographs. I went with blue as my dominant color with yellow and orange as the split-compliments and I really like how it turned out. I also used a brown woodgrain and white as a neutral to balance out all of that color, as well as silver for accents.




Thanks for stopping by life, scrapbook, repeat today. The kids are on spring break this week, so I only had three posts for you. I will be back next week with regular posting. I sure hope to see you back then.

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

5 comments:

  1. Love the sprinkling of stars across your page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Ashley. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the color combo, love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The stitching, the papers, the layout, all of it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Lisa.

      Delete