- I started with a digital template sized for 8.5 x11 pages. and used Photoshop Elements 9 to place my selected photos in the template. It uses one large photo across the top and has a smaller heart embellishment, ( I used another photo in that area.) This is the digital template I used, it was designed by the fabulous Shanna Noel over at Studio Calico. *I believe this template is only available through the end of June 2014.*
- If you don't have this template you could also just print a large photo sized approximately 8.5 x 5 inches, then cut a smaller photo into a heart shape approximately 3 inches across. (See photo below.) I colored the bottom part in aqua so that it was easier to see.
- Now that your photos are printed and ready to go, it's time to get out some of your favorite patterned papers. I used some grid paper from my stash and assorted patterned papers from the Studio Calico Hello Hello Scrapbook Kit, but you could use any patterned papers that you like. Cut down all of your patterned papers to approximately 1 inch wide, (I did not measure this, but eyeballed it instead.)
- Glue down all of your patterned papers down once you find an arrangement you like
- If you like to journal, I recommend having one of the patterns be very plain ( I used a grid piece.) Add your journaling.
- Now it's time to gather your favorite embellishments. The super fun part. :-) I used watercolor hearts, puffy gold heart stickers, sequins, gems, a transparent letter, wood veneer hearts, w round piece of wood, an October Afternoon date stamp, and my trusted tiny attacher.
- Place your embellishments in a diagonal fashion across the page.
I hope you liked this tutorial and that it gives you some new ideas for your scrapbook pages. I will be back soon with another hybrid layout to share. Until then....