I have to be completely honest though. I was feeling very discouraged this past weekend, when I realized that the six weeks I was behind on in September (has now turned into 8 missing weeks in my album.) Gasp. Yes, really. I had a goal to be caught up by October and it did not happen. This left me feeling so incredibly frustrated and kind of upset with myself.
And then....I thought about it. Really thought about it.
This is my fourth year of doing Project Life. My 2011 albums are a little hit and miss, but I have tons of memories documented. My 2012 albums are almost done, and my 2013 albums are complete. I also have everything finished for the first half of 2014, so why was I being so hard on myself? Why do we always focus on what isn't done instead of rejoicing in what is?
For this reason, I am stating that I currently have 37/45 weeks complete with photos and journaling and I love it. My family and I look at these albums All. The. Time. These albums are shown to friends and family members, and you know what? I all that time of sharing memories, not one person has ever pointed out a missing week. I am the only person that gets hung up on that.
If you are "behind" on your Project Life album. Just stop beating yourself up. Any documentation is better than none.
If you are documenting anything (no matter how small) that is awesome. If all you ever do is 1 Project Life layout in your life. That is awesome. Scrapbooking matters. Our memories matter. Anything towards this goal of documentation....matters.
Now onto week 35
- Various Studio Calico Project Life Kits (including Sandlot-sold out)
- Studio Calico Sandlot 4x6 paper pad (sold out)
- Back to School Card Set by Shanna Noel (sold out)
- Elle's Studio Back to School Cork Shapes
- Printable labels by Hello Forever for Studio Calico
- Becky Higgins Project Life Design A page protectors x2, and one Design A cut in half.
- Basic supplies: Fiskars paper trimmer, Tim Holtz scissors, tiny attacher, Versafine Inyk in Onyx Black, Pebbles date stamp, American Crafts dot to dot roller, and American Crafts Precision Pen .03 nib.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I appreciate you being here.