Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week 22, May 27th - June 2nd

It's Tuesday, which means time for another Project Life share. This week, I am using items from the American Crafts Mayberry and My Girl paper lines. I have a complete product list at the bottom of the post. I have really enjoyed working with both of these vibrant collections, and love the happy spring colors, the sparkle, the sentiments, and the fact that they are just so darn easy to use. This week was full of sunshine, pool time, and crafty organization around here. As an added bonus, our niece Kayla, came to visit us. The kids were thrilled to have her here (as were we) and I loved having another grown-up lady in the house. We miss her so much and hope to see her again soon.

When putting together a two-page spread for Project Life, I try to pick a few colors to use throughout the layout. This week, I worked with blues, pinks, greens, yellows, and pops of black in the Mayberry chalkboard labels. The labels are really fun to work with and I loved using them with a white Uniball Signo pen. Normally, my journaling pen of choice is a .03 American Crafts precision pen, but for this added touch, the white pen worked like a charm. I highly recommend both pens.

My Project Life process is as follows:

  1. Photo Selection: I scroll through I-photo and pick out about 15-25 photos I think I may use for this week. The pictures are from both my I-phone 4s as well as my SLR. Usually at this point I have already saved some into a computer file labeled for that week.  For this particular week, the file was labeled: ProjectLife2013/ Week22_May27-June2. I had already saved seven photos there, so I selected another 15 from I-Photo.
  2. I open all of the selected photos into photoshop and edit my photos.
  3. I save the edited photos into the same folder
  4. Print photos onto 8.5 x 11 inch photo paper and 4 x 6 inch photo paper. 
  5. Trim my photos
  6. Compile my Project Life layout (this is the funnest part, followed by picking the photos.)
As I put together my layout I try to move a good mix of photo sizes around the layout. I do not want all of the big photos on one side. I also make sure to have various colors represented throughout the layout. For this week, I made sure to have green elements, black chalkboard labels, yellow, blue, and pink on both pages equally. I am really happy with how all of this turned out. It might be one of my favorite weeks to date. 







Products Used:

  • Becky Higgins Project Life Design A page protectors
  • Pens: American Crafts precision pen in .03 black and Uniball Signo in white
  • Adhesive: American Crafts this to that dot roller
  • Stamps/ Ink: American Crafts Dear Lizzy date stamp, and Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
  • Paper: American Crafts Mayberry Front Porch, Key Lime, Strawberry Lemonade, Lemonade Stand, and Picket Fences. 
  • Embellishments: American Crafts My Girl remarks stickers, remark sticker book, and fabric stickers. American Crafts Mayberry chipboard thickers in june bug, cardstock sticker book, accent and phrase stickers, chalkboard stickers, and cardstock stickers. 
  • Other: Tiny attacher, scissors, paper trimmer, white thread, and an embroidery needle.
Thank you for stopping by today, I appreciate you being here and taking the time to read a little about this wonderful hobby. Let's talk Project Life. What systems do you have in place for Project Life? What is your favorite part of putting a week together? What is your least favorite part? Any tips for making the process go smoother? What are some of your favorite writing utensils, adhesives, and embellishments to use? Let's chat.

I will be back later today with a heartwarming story about a man and a turtle. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have a little sneak peak as to what this is about. My user name is fromtastic and there is a link on the right of this blog that enables you to follow me with one click. Later this week I will be sharing some cards with you, Scrapbook Organization Thursday, and some more scrapbook layouts to share. I hope to see you here. Until next time, Happy Scrappin.'

xoxox

Toni

13 comments:

  1. love the chalkboard label stickers. i'm going to wind up caving to PL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it. You will never regret it. Let me know if I can be of any help.

      Delete
  2. Love the bright colors. My favorite part of PL is recording my boys'antics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, recording the things the kids do and say are my favorite too. The things kids say, are so hysterical sometimes.

      Delete
  3. love "funnest"... reading your process is so fun! your layout is so sweet! I adore PL and finding your rhythm is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LIsa. Finding your rhythm is the key for sure.

      Delete
  4. I like your use of labels and the diagonal journaling. ;)

    ReplyDelete