I enjoy stamping. It's so much fun to try out different techniques ( embossing, stamping off, and coloring) to name a few. One of my favorite things to do with a new stamp set is to come up with a creative way to use them. American Crafts always comes out with fabulous stamp sets, and this past release was no exception. I am completely in love with this stamp set from the My Girl line, entitled, "Notable." I used this stamp set in many different ways in this particular layout I am sharing with you today, and also on some cards I will be sharing with you later this week.
"A Happy Little Spot On Cloud 9"
There are so many options for the large variety of shapes, patterns, and quotes in the Notable Stamp Set by American Crafts. The bunches of bursts are so versatile, I chose to stamp them on either side of where my photo and paper layers would go. This really helps to give the layout an extra layer of dimension and helps the photo pop more. The swirly border piece I used to stamp a border around the entire layout. I spaced this approximately 1/2 inch off the paper edge to allow some room for journaling. Lastly, I used the awesome sentiment "A Happy Little Spot on Cloud 9" for my title. I first stamped the sentiment onto white American Crafts cardstock. I then cut this out and used pop dots to adhere it on my layout to make it stand out more.
In case you were wondering, the journaling says, "Softball season went by so incredibly fast this year. I had so much fun watching you hit, catch, run, and smile, and smile. You are always very happy to be busy and to be a part of a team. I love that about you so much-your enthusiasm for life, energy, and joyous heart. What a treasure you are."
- Stamps: Noteworthy set by American Crafts, date stamp, American Crafts Dear Lizzy
- Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Navy and Pale Tomato, Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink, and Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Paper: American Crafts white cardstock, white grid paper, kraft/gold paper, and striped vellum by Studio Calico, distressed red paper by Basic Grey. Navy corrugated paper by Fancy Pants.
- Rub-ons-byAmerican Crafts, Amy Tangerine Yes, Please collation
- Pen: American Crafts Precision Pen .03 nib
- Adhesive: This to That Dot Roller by American Crafts
- Mists: Navy by Studio Calico and Gold Lame by Heidi Swapp
- Punches: Medium star by Fiskars
- Other: Gold sequins, paper clip with navy flag (Studio Calico), and shipping tag.
I am loving this stamp set and am excited to use it some more in the upcoming week. Let's talk stamping. What are some of your favorite ways to use your stamps? How about techniques, what is your favorite? Is there something you have always wanted to try? If you have any questions about this stamp set or the layout above please do not hesitate to ask. Have a happy Monday everyone and happy scrappin.'