Thursday, June 27, 2013

Kisses for You: Layout and Card Share

After a very long day of flying, waiting around an airport, and motion sickness (yuck.) I am now happily ensconced in my parent's house for the next 26 days. I just love my family, they are truly amazing, and I am so blessed that my husband, children, and myself have them in our lives.

Isabelle, Elliot, and I are having so much fun just being together, and having some extra time with my parents. In the morning today, I managed to spend an hour getting some scrapbooking done. It was a lot of fun, and I just love starting my day with coffee in hand, and pretty paper on my table. Unfortunately, I am having a lot of problems with my parents Internet, their computer, and what not. It is so frustrating when these things do not work. I enjoy blogging and crafting and I am trying to figure out how to make this work in Washington State. I took photos with my good SLR Camera, but of course I can't upload them, or get my parent's computer to install a free trial of photoshop so I had to come up with a plan B. All of the below photos were taken with my I-phone 4s, edited in Pic-Tap-Go, and uploaded to the blog though my phone. I am hoping that I will be able to come up with a better system in the next week or so, because my mom and I have lots of scrapbooking plans that I would love to share with you along the way.

This is the sneak peak I shared via Instagram earlier today of 2 cards and one layout I created this morning.


The layout was based on a sketch I found on the Lily Bee blog and was designed by Page Maps. You can find their inventive and whimsical sketch HERE. I loved the sketch and knew right away that I had two pictures that would be just perfect to use for this layout design. I really like what I came up with



Supplies:
    Papers: Destination Collection: Postcard, Luggage, Tickets, and Boarding Pass. Other papers: Linen and Patchwork.
  • Embellishments: Destination Collection: Circle and tag stickers and label stickers. Pinwheel Collection: Circle and Tag Stickers, chit chat stickers, and brad, badge, button, and baker's bundle. 
  • Other supplies: Fiskars medium heart punch, American Crafts precision pen, This to That adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesive 3-D Foam Squares, white thread, Marvy Uchida star punch, and Silhouette Cameo.
Next, I decided to play along with the Lily Bee blog again, but this time I would try my hand at a card sketch. You can find the sketch HERE. I love how simple and graphic this is, and could not wait to get started.



For my last project, I decided to use up my paper scraps from the two above projects. One of my favorite ways to use up scraps is to cut the paper into similar sized strips and either use them on a layout or card. This time I chose to use a card and this is what I came up with.

Let's talk crafting? What have you been creating lately? Do you like working from sketches? I find that they are really great jumping off points and I love that they can be followed either very literally or as just an inspirational idea. How great is it that paper crafters have so much free great inspiration out there. What a blessing. What are you finding inspirational these days? Any favorite go to places for sketches? I always love getting new places to turn to for inspiration. Thank you so much for being here, I hope y'all have a great day.

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

4 comments:

  1. These are great!!! Love that layout! And the last card is just awesome! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects. Love the layering on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, great cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last card is a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete