Monday, July 8, 2013

Layout Share: "You Rock, Your A Rock Climber"

 Today, I have a layout to share with you that I made last week. I purchased my first set of gelatos and was very excited to use some bright colors behind these photos of my daughter. I am really liking the Faber-Castell Gelatos, but I still have a lot to learn. In the meantime, it has been super fun experimenting and coloring my papers.



 Products Used:


Let's talk mixed media...Anyone else diving into water colors, gelato, paint, and other mixed media types of things? What are some of your favorites? How do you like to use them? I am really enjoying using them as a bottom layer. beneath my photos.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I think your first go at gelatos was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using gelatos, but I'm having trouble with a smooth look without using gesso to do it. I LOVE that look, but don't want to paint every background paper with gesso! Did you apply the gelato directly to the page,or did you put some on a brush first? Maybe I just need to practice it, but I'm SO not good at practicing stuff, lol. I want it to be right the first time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot something, lol. What kind of background paper did you use? I've got some of the thickest layouts on the planet now because I'm using watercolor paper. Trying to figure out if I can use something else without it being wavy or wrinkled..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete