Sunday, July 7, 2013

Layout Share: "Be Happy Everyday"


How I have missed this blog. I really have. I just love it, I enjoy writing and sharing my scrappy projects with all of y'all. I am still happily staying at my paren'ts home in Washington State and having a great time. I wake up in the morning and have my coffee and just want to write and share, thankful I now can. After a week-and-a-half-long off-and-on-again (mostly on) fight with my parents PC and their internet connection, I have now finally, FINALLY got it up and running. I was gettting to the point or wanting to take a baseball bat to the computer. Just picture a PC that is bogged down with a bunch of unneeded stuff, multiply that times 1000, and picture THIS video clip from one of my favorite movies "Office Space," and you might have a faint understanding of my frustration. **I added the you tube link to the censored version, but there might still be one or two stray "choice words." ** This computer almost took a trip with me to a nearby field, and yes I will admit that this clip from Office Space might have played out in my head quite a few times. After reinstalling everything onto the computer like it was brand new again and fixing my parents internet, and very carefully only installing the necessary components, we are now up and running. If you have never tried to photo and blog from an I-phone, I tell you it is an interesting experience.

Moving on, are any of you obsessed with watching scrapbook videos on You Tube? I am. I just love this hobby, and find that even after scrapbooking the day away, I love to unwind to a new scrapbook video. A few days ago I stumbled upon this gem on Lilith Eeckels you tube channel. So inspirational. She is such a phenomenal scrapbooker, I am continually inspired by her pops of color, awesome layering, and gorgeous photos (often of some, or all of her four adorable boys.)  I loved her layout design and absolutely adore the color combination of peachy pink, seafoam, and yellow. I am seriosly in love with these colors...throw some navy in there for an occassional variation and I could be happy for the rest of my life. The very next day I pulled some fun scrappy products and got to work and this is what I came up with. *I was definitely inspired by Lilith's color combination and also of her idea of having photos or jouraling cards in a horizontal strip in the center of the scrapbook page. Thank you Lilith so much for inspiring me!





I am really liking the long strip of paper and photos horizontally down the center of a 12 x 12 scrapbook page. I have a haunting feeling that you just might see it pop up quite a bit in the near future.

Supplies Used:
  • Paper: American Crafts white cardstock, Studio Calcio So Cal kit from June 2012
  • Pen and Ink: American Crafts precion pen .03 tip in black and Versafine ink in Onyx Black
  • Embellishments: Tags and printables from Studio Calico's Everyday Moment's class, yellow arrow by Two Peas in a Bucket, buttons by My Mind's Eye, butterflies from Studio Calico's So Cal Scrapbook Kit, brown twine, and sequins purchased from Studio Calico.
  • Mists/Sprays: Stuio Calico seafoam and Heidi Swapp mustard and primrose
  • Stamps: Studio Calico
  • Other: Tim Holtz tiny attacher, foam dots by 3m, glue dots, and adhesive.
Let's talk inspiration...what inspires you to scrapbook? Do you have any favorite You Tube channels? Who are some of your favorite scrapbookers? Anyone else admit to being obsessed with watching scrapbook videos on You Tube? Any other Two Peas in a Bucket video fans?

I have sure missed you guys and would love to hear from y'all.

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

13 comments:

  1. Love how you used the soft colors and still give the layout a strong look. Pretty page all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout, love the depth and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty page, love all the yummy layering and details you added

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa this is awesome! love all the details. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is gorgeous! So many pretty touches; just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page! I also love watching scrapping videos for inspiration...and I know exactly what Office Space clip you are talking about!!! So funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layering and details, great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout - I love the strip right along the middle of the page and the color combination. I'm also obsessed with You Tube scrappy videos. One of my current faves is MercyTiara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this layout, the colors are perfect and all the little touches and details make it an amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and desing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout! The layering is amazing!

    ReplyDelete