Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Card Share: Ombre Stamping

Today I have two cards to share with you, inspired by the Studio Calico Inked class. As a scrapper that is obsessed with color, it should come to no surprise to you to hear that I wanted to try an ombre technique. I highly recommend trying either of these techniques, super super fun!!!

For the first card I implemented a very simple ombre technique using three different ink colors for the background stamping (going from lightest to darkest.)

*I used Hero Arts Shadow Inks for this card in Sweet Tomato,
Soft Cantaloupe, and Butter Bar.
*Stamps by Studio Calico
*Black Ink-Versafine in Onyx Black
 
For the second card I used a true ombre technique and was able to achieve three unique colors by only using two different stamp pads. I started with a lighter colored ink for my first stamping, then I retouched the stamp with a darker color ink for my second stamping (without wiping off the remaining first color,) and finally for the third step, I added the darker color by itself. This truly gave me  a great ombre finish. Just remember to not clean off your stamp between the first and second application.
 
*I used Hero Arts Shadow Inks again in Soft Green and Soft Pool for this card
*Stamps by Studio Calico
 
Let's talk card making today...What have you been creating lately? Anyone else enjoying any card classes or online card videos? Do you have any card or stamping techniques you would like to share? I am really enjoying the Studio Calico inked class and I highly recommend Simon Says Stamp videos on You Tube. I hope y'all are having a fabulous summer.
 
Happy Scrappin'
 
xoxox
 
Toni


1 comment:

  1. I love that!!! It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete