Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Goals

This past week was super busy, LIFE, and all of that. Not as much creative time as I had hoped for, but I did some work in Project Life and I worked quite a bit on my Summer 2012 mini album, but I will not share until I am a little further along.

I am just loving Elisa Blaha Cripe's blog...such as source of inspiration and entrepreneurship...just love her...I am now going to be doing a monthly goal list at the beginning of the month inspired by her goal list. http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2012/10/october-goals.html.

For the month of October 2012 I choose to:
  1. Get caught up with Project Life-for the first time ever I am not caught up, what can I say, LIFE got in the way. I have to finish the complete month of September, but I WILL get caught up this month, some weeks the layouts might be super simple:  That is what I love about this project, it can be simple or complex, whatever you want/ need it to be.
  2. I will walk/ run/ bike ride/ skip 43 miles. Why that exact number? I was super motivated by Becky Higgins challenge in honor of her recently deceased brother Jonathan who would have turned 43 this month. You can read all about that at the link below and please join me, but basically you just log any activity, with the goal of reaching 43 miles the month of October. I will share my progress throughout the month.  http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2012/09/a-challenge-to-move-in-october/.
  3. I will finally go through the last six boxes of random things in the Master Bedroom...we moved over 15 months ago, and there are still some things that I have not decided what to do with, I can probably part with approximately 1/ 2 of it.
  4. Post and sell to Craigslist, my increasing pile of finds that we no longer need...then I can actually use the back door (the large pile is currently stacked in front of it.) Does anyone else get super excited every time they get rid of something? I swear it is just as exciting as getting new craft items, well maybe not quite that exciting. ;-)
  5. To go camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
  6. Get better about taking daily photographs.
  7. To sew Isabelle's new Brownie uniform.
  8. Document Fall-North Carolina has the most gorgeous Autumn season, I am hoping my I-Phone 4s will do it justice.
What goals do you have? Any monthly goals you are working on? Anyone willing to join me for the October fitness challenge? What about getting rid of not needed items-do you sell? Donate? Combination of both? Anyone else love getting rid of stuff and squeal in delight (and sometimes out loud) when they drop-off items at the Goodwill? I want to hear, let's commiserate together.

4 comments:

  1. It takes me forever o get things together and clean out to get rid of the excess junk in my house, but I do love bringing it all to Goodwill! It's always such a relief to have a little more breathing room until it gets filled up again with more junk! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to clear the bags of unwanted clothes under my bed. nuff said? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals! I have a similar list of things that I need/want to get done! I sure hope this month slows down long enough for both of us to get our lists done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this month has 31 days, maybe that will help us, good luck!

      Delete