Friday, February 8, 2013

Layout Share: Cartwheel

This layout was inspired by the Bright Ideas class over at Studio Calico. This class was put together by the very talented Nicole Samuels and is chalk full of inspiration and loveliness. The first challenge for this class was to use stitching for a title on a layout. I love to stitch on my layouts and am really excited about how this turned out.

Without further ado, I present to you Cartwheel, sorry for the bad pictures, but my SLR Camera's batteries were charging so I used my I-phone.

I used a light blue embroidery floss (using all five threads,) a needle, and a lot of patience. The word cartwheel was first stamped using Studio Calico's noah outline stamp, I then used my paper piercer to pre-pierce my holes and hand stitched away. I finished it over the course of a 50 minute phone call with my mom (in case you were curious. :-)

Lots of embellishing using KI Flashback papers, accessory sticker sheet, Amy Tan puffy stickers, pretty pink and pinstripe Minster Huey, and some My Mind's Eye enamel dots.

 


If you have never checked out Studio Calico, you really should. They have three different main kits available every month (scrapbook, card, and Project Life,) and additional add-on kits. All of these kits offer many exclusives that you cannot buy anywhere else and the combinations they put together are so well thought out and super inspiring. Additionally, the Studio Calico Design Teams are extremely talented and helpful, the blog is amazing, and the community is full of so many fabulous, super sweet, and creative women. I spend way too much time chatting with the ladies over there, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, today is the very last day to enter the My Mind's Eye Giveaway, I will draw a winner tomorrow morning and post the winner next week. To be eligible, make sure you are following the blog. Good Luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute layout! Love the photos and colors! Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout, and a huge fan of all of your work! Thanks for sharing this with us, and SO excited to see all you girls put up your challenge LOs from the class so I can play along ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwm thanks Shay. You have a fan in me as well.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous layout. I am enrolled in that class too but just haven't had time to look too closely at the challenges yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I wish I had more time to play around with the class, but since we have the class for forever, it's nice to know we can do it a little at a time.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the stitching!!!!! fabulous layout Toni!!

    ReplyDelete