Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Mind's Eye Challenge 32: Cards

Cards. They are always so much fun to make. What I really enjoyed about making this card was how many scraps I was able to use from my scrap basket. It is so great to not waste this beautiful paper and accessories! I combined my love for three of my favorite collections from My Mind's Eye, "Follow Your Heart-Be Amazing," "Kraft Funday-Bright Days, as well as "Miss Caroline-Dolled Up." I have not seen these collections combined yet in any online format and I had a great time figuring out a way to make them work together. I also found that the extra buttons and brad with the "Follow Your Heart" and "Kraft Funday" collections coordinated quite nicely. As an added bonus I even used a stamp from a different collection. The sentiment "You are the best friend anyone could possibly have" comes from another collection "Miss Caroline- Dolled Up," I also used the flower stamps from that collection. The only non-My Mind's Eye product used is the base blue cardstock and the small portion of orange cardstock in the flower.

I hope my bestie enjoys receiving this thank you card / your my best friend card. Thank you My Mind's Eye for the great card idea, I am going to be busy in the upcoming week making more thank you cards following this layout idea.

The challenge: Design a card based on this fabulous sketch and use the theme “YOU” on the card (sketch by Anam Stubbington).

MME2012_sketch_card02_Feb


This is what I came up with:



What are you creating lately based on sketches? Are you combining different and unusual patterned papers and collections? What are some of your favorite paper combinations? How do you feel about using the 6 x 6 paper pads on your layouts? Do you combine those with 12 x 12 sheets?


Happy Wednesday!

Toni







3 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch! Love how you used half a doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I struggle with cards but I have never tried a sketch for them! I am so going to try this - who knows I might even make some Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Sketches are great for cards Claire, you can use card sketches or layout sketches and just alter them slightly.

    ReplyDelete