This month has just flown by. I think May is usually the busiest month around here, but somehow I am always surprised every year how fast it just flies by. With two kids in school, there are a lot of end of the year happenings, and we also through in softball and an injury this month as well. Our youngest managed to break her finger in three places when a softball hit her hand instead of a bat. They are using a pitching machine this year, and apparently a 30 mph softball will break bones. Who knew? Two weeks down now with her finger splinted or in a cast, and 2 1/2 weeks left. This is our first broken bone in the family, so I am considering myself pretty lucky. Isabelle has been a trooper about the whole thing, and was surprisingly, super excited to get a cast. Kids...
Life, scrapbook, repeat has not seen quite as much action this month (due to the aforementioned happenings,) but there is still quite a bunch of goodness for you to catch up on (if you feel so inclined.) A total of eight posts this month, including; 4 layouts, and 7 pocket pages/ Project Life shared. In true me fashion, I will provide you with a bullet point list with links included. Because you know how much I love a good ol' list. :-)
- May started out with a layout using Studio Calico's Planetarium collection. This collection will go down as one of my top 5 of all time. I still have a little left and I just love it paired with water pictures.
- Next up was 2 pocket pages showcasing week 17 of Project Life. I used a see-through pocket full of sequins, camera embellishments, and a stamped sentiment in one of the pockets and really like how it turned out. I also incorporated digital brushes from Ali Edwards and Suzy Plantamura for Studio Calico.
- My next post showed 2 new layouts using Studio Calico's Bluegrass Farms Scrapbook Kit (along with some elements from my stash and some digital cuts.) I really love the bold primary colors in this collection and the fun yellow polka dot paper from Basic Grey. I had a lot of fun making both of these layouts and gave my Silhouette a workout for sure.
- Then I went for more muted colors and made another new layout about my kids almost ten years ago. Sigh. I love the combination of light blue, light pink, gold, and the awesome Maggie Holmes gold foil doily vellum. Seriously in love with this color combination. Sigh again.
- Back to pocket pages again, and I showed you week 18 of Project Life. For this layout, I used 6x6 papers from both Basic Grey Fresh Cut and Studio Calico Lemon Lush. These are definitely my two favorite floral/ spring lines this year. They really work well together and I am super inspired to create more with them in June. Stay tuned for that.... :-)
- Week 19 of Project Life was next, and it is 2 pocket pages again. I used the color combination of yellow and light aqua from the Studio Calico Camelot Project Life Kit and incorporated some bits and pieces from my stash as well. I really like how some of the red in my pictures really pop on this layout and the inclusion of wood veneer and gold star sequins. I mean, who doesn't love a good piece of veneer, and some gold star sequins? Am I right?
- Lastly, I did a pocket page insert featuring some 14th Birthday celebration pictures of my son Elliot. I used Crate Paper's Boys Rule for this layout and many of the supplies were from the Paper Camellia's "Boy Oh Boy" Add-On Kit. I really like how I used vellum and see through pockets full of embellishments on this layout.
And now for the giveaway...
I have a stack of goodies sitting on my desk (see below) to mail out to one lucky commenter and follower. I will randomly select a winner from all of the comments. For your comment, please let me know that you are following me and tell me what you think an upcoming trend might be in scrapbooking. Comments will close at 9pm EST on Monday, June 2nd and I will post the winner on this blog and Instagram Tuesday morning/ June 3rd. You will need to check Instagram or my blog on Tuesday to find out if you are the lucky winner. Good Luck!
Until next time....