Thursday, August 29, 2013

Project LIfe 2013: Week 33, August 12th-18th

Oh how I have missed y'all over this long, hot, muggy, North Carolina summer. Life has gotten crazy busy and hectic these past few months. With both kids home, I feel like all I have done (while in North Carolina this summer) is play entertainment director, referee, clean, and cook. I am sure other mother's out there in blogland can relate to this phenomenon. They say it gets easier when they get older, but mine are nine and thirteen, and nope still not easy. They have their awesomely sweet moments, but this summer they both had some let's say...interesting moments as well. Regardless, I did love having some extra time with them, and I tried to just live in the moment and just soak it all in:  The good, the bad, and (the semi-frequently ugly.) So thankful that I have Project Life to record all of this fun stuff.

The kids and I were fortunate enough to take a long vacation to our home state of Washington this summer. That was such an enjoyable and fun-filled experience. We also took the kids to Williamsburg, VA for a week for some historical sight-seeing and a fun day at Busch Gardens as well. That is such a gorgeous amusement park...if you have never been, I highly recommend it.

Things are getting back to normal now. The school clothes are washed, the house is semi-clean, the kids are back in school, and this momma is proud to admit that I am loving it! Yup, just loving having some time to myself and an empty house during the day. Any other mom's out there proud to admit to not missing having their kids home? Gotta give me some credit for a little honesty. I believe in keeping it real peeps.

Now onto Project Life...

Full Layout:


For this week of Project Life, I kept it fairly simply by sticking to a kit. I used the Studio Calico August "Marks and Company" Project Life Kit. The only items not included in the kit are the light blue number stickers, yellow embroidery thread, Studio Calico wood veneer stars, and Basic Grey Capture label stickers.

Left Side:


Not the best photograph clearly, if you look closely you can see an image of my distorted camera in the & pocket, LOL. Going with it however. Everything was fairly simply on this layout. The yellow stitching in the upper pocket was time consuming, but very simply, and required a needle, embroidery floss, and one episode of Under the Dome. My hubby and I are loving that show, and no I have not read the book, so no spoilers please!!!


Right Side:



How are you doing on Project Life? Are you horribly behind like me? Yes, I am super behind, it is driving me crazy, but I am slowly getting caught up. Little by little and picture by picture. My least favorite part is editing photos, and I felt like I was going to be doing it forever since I had around 12 weeks to catch up (now down to 10.) My solution was to just edit and print photos one week at a time, or two weeks at a time at most. That way I am not so frustrated with editing, choosing, and developing well over 125 pictures at one time. 10-20 in one sitting seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Let's talk photo editing...Do any of you have any photo editing tips? What works best for you? I really need some pointers to make this process go by faster...and don't even get me started on my 7 years of photos on my computer that are not organized (like 90% not organized.) Oh dear.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I will be back again tomorrow with Project Life week 34 to share and Saturday I will be popping in with some scrappy goodness. I hope to see you here.

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment