Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Card Share: Using Studio Calico's Valley High Card Kit

I have a few cards to share with you today that were all created using the awesome Studio Calico Valley High card kit. You can find that HERE. As of August 7th, 2013 there are still kits available for purchase. I especially loved the stamp set this month, and found it highly versatile. This month's kit also came with a watercolor set. I did not use that for any cards yet, but I had fun experimenting, and I know it will get much use in the upcoming months.

Now onto the cards:

For this card, I hand stitched stems and leaves 
using green thread from my stash.

I used a pen top for a stamp on this card to get 
the little dots,  I will use that trick again.


I have never made a starburst pattern on a card
before using paper scraps, but I really like 
how this turned out.

Loving the confetti that was included in this kit, the 
"Happy Birthday" wood veneer is from the 
main scrapbook kit.


This card was very fun to make. I used a different 
stamp set for the border, (it is from the Inked 
stamping class offered at Studio Calico this 
past July. I fussy cut some of the flowers 
and adhered them with pop dots.


I really like the look of stamping on this subtly
patterned paper. Love this look!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. What kinds of cards have you been making lately? Do you like to use kit clubs for cards or scraps? I use both, but the Studio Calico card kit is my absolute favorite. I just love their stamps and choices of paper and embellishments that coordinate. I have also found that you can really get a lot of bang for your buck using scraps as well. Next week, I will share some cards made with scrap paper previously used on Project Life layouts of traditional scrapbooking layouts. It is always such a great way to use up some of our bits and pieces. I will be back tomorrow with some layouts to share with you, many were created using Noel Mignon scrapbooking kits. I hope to see you here. 

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, loved the starburst one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards. I really like the stamp you used on the first card. What cards am I making? I'm card challenged so I'm not making any right now. But yours are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete