Today I am sharing the word I selected for One Little Word and discussing why I chose it. Last year, I chose the word "Flourish" and I do feel like in many ways this word and focusing on it, really helped me reach some of my goals. One of my goals was to get on a manufacturer design team. The other was to start regular intentional exercise. I was asked to be on Elle's Design Team and I successfully lost and kept off 20 pounds. I still have a ways to go on the weight loss front, but it is a great start!
For those of you that follow me on Instagram, the fact that I have chosen "Step" as my word for 2015 should not come as a surprise. Honestly, the word chose me. Wherever I looked for words this year, I was continually faced with this selection. I am a Fitbit addict and that word fits perfectly for my goal of moving more and living a healthier lifestyle. I love that the word step can be interpreted so many different ways. These are my goals for 2015
- Literally take more steps. I will walk at least 365000 steps in 2015. This will be documented via Instagram with #365000in2015. Please fell free to join me on this journey, and use and share the hashtag as well.
- Take steps (series of arrangements) to grown my business.
- Step in and be more present and in the moment
- Step out of my comfort zone. This includes; taking fitness classes at my gym (yes I joined a gym,) being more social in person and get to know more people in my community (versus just online.) Trying a new hobby (knitting.)
- Step on It. Increase my fitness activity level. Continue walking and learn to run. Sign up for and try Zumba classes and Spinning.
- Keep step. Continue with my daily chores and work around the house, but do so in a more organized fashion. I have streamlined my cleaning and organizing with daily and weekly chores, as well as coming up with a zone cleaning schedule. I love being organized and this is really allowing me to whiz through my responsibilities at home.
What did you pick for your word this year? Have you decided yet? I would love to hear your thoughts and your word selection? I will be back tomorrow with some Project Life pages to share from 2014. I am currently only weeks away from completing my album for 2014. I plan on sharing all of the remaining weeks on the blog this month with multiple posts.
Until next time...