Monday, September 16, 2013

Layout Share: Using Old and New Supplies to Create a Cohesive Layout

I was very inspired by the recent Glitter Girl episode "The Retro Revival" which discusses using old and new products together. I just loved this idea, and decided it was time to peruse my scrap basket to find some hidden treasures. After digging through papers for awhile, I decided to purge some I knew I would not use again (despite best intentions,) and I began pulling out papers I loved. It was very interesting to find that so many different companies have papers in the exact same colors, specifically a nice aqua blue, a golden yellow, and a true red color.  I am really enjoying this color combination together, and kept a bunch of the extra scraps I did not use in a Ziploc bag, so that I can use them again for another layout. These colors are a good transitional summer to fall palette for me and I encourage you to try them on a future project!




Supplies Used:
  • My Mind's Eye-blue felt banner from Kraft Day, enamel dots
  • Studio Calico-sun mask, yellow star paper, red/white striped paper, and "You are Here" stamp
  • American Crafts Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste-red dot paper and shipping tag
  • Glitz-arrow roller stamp
  • Freckled Fawn-Weather wood veneer set, red woodgrain washi tape
  • Heidi Swapp-Color Shine in Sweet Cherry and Mustard
  • Pebbles-Hello clothespin
  • Faber-Castell-blue gelatos
  • Hero Arts-Shadow Ink in Butter Bar, Wet Cement, and Cup O' Joe
Let's talk combining older and newer products...is this something you do on a regular basis? Are there any tips or tricks you would like to share. What about color combinations, are there any that you are especially loving right now? 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I appreciate you being here. I will be back tomorrow with some more progress on my Project Life pages. I would love to see you again.

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni


10 comments:

  1. Love all the layering and the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the embellie splatter effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and the layering is so good! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is really phantastic - I love the layering and the great colors! I want to use some older stuff, I have so much scrapbooking stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout love the layers, I use older papers I love all the time with newer collections :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mix! Love all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors! I've been loving the aqua/pink combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layering in your layout! I'm obsessed with layers. I have a process when I start putting together a layout. Usually, I work with a kit. So I pull out things from my kit first, then I go into my scrap boxes (yes, I have a box of scraps for patterned paper and one for card stock) to pull out pieces that go with the color scheme I've decided on. That's usually how I do it because it makes me feel good for trying to use my stash with my kit. If I don't feel like working with a kit, I'll pull out papers from my stash, which, for the most part are from older-ish lines. And the color combo I'm loving right now, aqua and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your page - especially all the layers and little bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Love your layers and embellishing!

    ReplyDelete