Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 42

Happy Tuesday, and that means it's time for another Project Life share. It's hard to believe that it is almost November, and in just over two short months, it will be 2015. Crazy, isn't it? Time flies by fast, and that's just what I enjoy about Project Life. I love that Project Life allows me to look back on this past year, and reflect on the so many things I have to be grateful for. It is such a blessing in my life.

You might remember a few weeks back that I talked about switching things up to a Fall Handbook. I was so excited to try something new, but it just did not work for me. I found it very difficult to wrap my head around such a small size of album (after almost four years designing all of my pages in the 12 x 12 format.) I was spending hours trying to design pages and getting nowhere. That is never a fun feeling, so yes, I have gone back to 12 x12 and will be finishing up this year in that size. What about the two pages that were completed in the 6x8 size? Well if you were wondering, those will just be inserts now within week 39 (the first official week of Autumn.)

I am still behind in Project Life, and trying to switch up sizes, actually caused me to get further behind (instead of speeding up the process like I thought it would.)  I have discovered that focusing on the pictures and stories, and spending about 15-20 minutes (or less) embellishing is my happy place. That is exactly what I am doing going forward.

Here is where I am currently at for those that like following my crazy-bullet point lists.  :-) items higlighted and crossed off are complete.
  • Week 28, July 7-13
  • Week 29/ 30, July 14-17
  • Week 31, July 28-August 3
  • Week 32, August 4-10  
  • Week 33, August 11-17 
  • Week 34, August 18-24
  • Week 35, August 25-31
  • Week 36, September 1-7
  • Week 37, September 8-14
  • Week 38, September 15-21  
  • Week 39 September 22-28: (Inserts completed in 6x8 size)
  • Week 40, September 29-October 5
  • Week 41, October 6-12
  • Week 42, October 13-19
  • Week 43, October 20-26
I am currently 9 weeks behind (including the week that just finished up on Sunday. Sigh. I had hoped to be caught up by now. Regardless I am still plugging ahead, and focusing on the 34 weeks that are completed and documented. I think the key is to focus on what you do have completed and be appreciative of that. I will eventually get all of this caught up. I have done it before, and I will do it again.  Stay tuned for that....

Today I am sharing week 42 with all of you. I focused largely on one big day for this week. The day we drove three hours to the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway and essentially crossed off almost everything on our Fall Bucket list.


 I included Isabelle's individual soccer team photo on this page, even though it isn't a great 
photo, I still felt it was important to include. I journaled around the photo and am happy.

I think this Studio Calico Masking Tape might be my favorite item in the kit. So great! Sewn 
pocket will show through on both sides. I used sequins from my stash and Lawn Fawn 
Sweater Weather wood veneer leaves to create this, along with my sewing machine.


I used a 5x7 insert this week, for some extra photos I wanted to blow up to a larger size. 

This is a Becky Higgins 5x7 page protector (front side)

5x7 page protector (back side)

Supplies Used:
I started posting You Tube process videos to my account a little over a month ago and the response has been fantastic. I really appreciate you following me along there and leaving comments. It has been really fun making these. I will have a new process video posted later today or tomorrow to You Tube. This one will be on the layout that you see above. I hope you like it. If you are interested in following my You Tube channel and don't want to miss any of my process videos, please make sure you are following along. You can find a direct link to my You Tube channel HERE.

*Edited to add: The direct link to this Project Life process video can be found HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a new layout to share using Gossamer Blue products. I hope to see you back, and until then...

Happy Scrappin'

xoxox

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment